Based upon the volume of properties we have sold through our MLS program, I can assure you the program works. The # of properties Congress Realty has sold through our Flat Fee MLS program is astounding to many people. So why does it work? Specifically, why does it work in comparison to the competition, including other full service brokerages?
The answer is actually quite simple. Our clients who save money on the listing side through the Flat Fee based program have the ability to pass this savings onto the buyer, essentially lowering the cost of the home. In a buyer’s market, this can make all of the difference in the world. When the listing commission is eliminated, both buyer and seller can benefit.
Doesn’t paying a full service listing agent ensure better exposure for my property? No, it doesn’t. Certainly it is a possibility that the full service agent may run newspaper ads, etc… but at the end of the day, the MLS accounts for nearly 90% of all properties sold through exclusive listing agreements. (Regardless of service level) What does this mean to you the seller? It means they are selling properties in the exact same fashion we are, straight through the MLS system.
How does your Flat Fee MLS program differ from the competition?
We are the leader for a reason, plain and simple. We list and sell more properties than any other Flat Fee company in the country. There are a number of reasons, but to name a few:
- Buyer Agents know they are going to be paid the MLS stated commission when they bring a buyer to one of our listings.
- We offer Electronic Lockboxes for easy showing access.
- We live and know our markets that we cover. We don’t try and cover areas that we know little to nothing about.
- We are accessible. If another agent needs to speak to us, we speak to them. We do not blow them off. Our reputation in the industry is quite good amongst other agents, including all Realtor® Associations in which we belong to.
- Our systems work. IE our phone forwarding system, our Realtor.com enhancement packages, essentially, we offer the same services you would find from any local Full Service Agent, just at a fraction of the cost through our a la carte menu.
In the upcoming days we will begin to post multiple success stories and examples of properties that sold through our program, including properties which have been sold during the recent “buyer’s market”.