1) Generally people looking for homes during this time period are legitimate buyers and not just lookers.
2) Many corporations relocate employees during this time of the year.
3) Buyers may be able to take advantage of certain tax benefits before the end of the year.
4) Less inventory on the market means less competition for you, the seller.
5) Homes are generally well decorated and show better during the holidays.
6) Buyers tend to have more time to themselves to look during Nov-Dec.
7) You can still be listed on the MLS and limit showings to days that work for your schedule.
8) Buyers can still take advantage of the tax rebate
9) Sellers have more freedom to use closing date as a negotiation tool b/c of the importance of closing before the New Year to some buyers.
10) Pending to active ratios are still increasing in the majority of markets we serve.